Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Taco Pie? Or something?

Okay, so I really like to cook, but nothing hard or with crazy ingredients that you can't get at the Marshall Wal-Mart. I like to eat more, actually I might not even like to cook that much, I just get so excited about eating that it makes it worth it! I feel like I make the SAME five things all the time and I get less and less excited about cooking because I never make anything new.....it's not THAT bad because I only cook for my poor family about once a week.
Monday-Bucky works late.....kid food....hot dogs, mac and cheese, etc...this doesn't count
Wednesday-I work late...Bucky usually feeds the kids breakfast...unless it's grillin' weather
Thursday-Dance!....my kids, the Sherman girls and I treat ourselves to one of the fine dining establishments in Carollton..McDonald's, Sonic, or Subway!
Friday-I was raised believing that you are supposed to go out to eat on Fridays! Golden Corral here we come! Just Kidding! I'll talk about that in another post!
Saturday-We're usually busy

That leaves Tuesday and Sunday! So, really it takes me like a month to make my same borring meals. BUT, tonight I made up a delicious kid friendly dinner. By the way, Bucky is working late ...again...AND I COOKED! I started looking on www.kraft.com for something different and easy ....I was missing something for everything I wanted to make so...I got creative..
You will need:
crescent rolls
1lb. turkey burger
1can mild ro-tel
1can tomato sauce
like 2 oz cream cheese
shredded colby jack
-Preheat oven to 400
-Brown meat and add rest of stuff, oh and I threw in some green onion and seaseoned the meat with a little cumin, chili powder and, of course, seasoning salt and garlic salt. I put that on everything!
-grease 9" pie pan, line with unrolled, crescent rolls, seal seams
-Fill with mixture, top with shredded cheese, bake for 18-20 min
Well more like 16 minutes..I couldn't wait!

Averi cleaned her plate (Never happens!) and Will said "Nummy!" the whole time he ate! I think they approved and I liked it too! Poor Bucky missed out!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

TURKEY?????????? Look who stepped outside the box!!!! :-) Sounds YUMMY!! Do you have any leftovers???