Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brownie

Hi! Hope everyone is enjoying the cold, wet, Fall weather! I just made Bucky lunch and put Will down for a nap. After we ate, Bucky was walking out the door and my mom called. All I could hear was her yelling, "Averi talk to your mom and tell her the horses are out, all of them!" So I grabbed Bucky and asked him to stay here and told him I'd be right back. I headed to Mom's in a panic. As I turned on her road she called again and said I don't see yours but mine is in the yard. Me: Did you catch him? Mom: No Me: Did you look in the pasture for mine? Mom: No but you don't have to come Terry is on his way. Me: I'm on the road I'll be right there........I pulled in, her horse looked at me and never moved. I ran into the pasture calling for Vita and Fuente and the two darling fatties were standing there eating grass, oblivious to the fact that the gate had been WIDE open all morning! I LOVE them! So, a little drama but no physical exertion! I caught Sonny for mom and Terry fixed the gate. Only a 20 minute delay in Bucky's strict work schedule! Thank goodness he was home for that one! :)
I keep forgetting to tell you we got a little but feisty surprise over the weekend! ANOTHER HORSE! Sigh.....the kids and I went to the horse sale on Friday night. No we are/were not in the market for another horse but there isn't a lot to do around here and it can be entertaining if you like that sort of thing. Most of my friends would rather pull their own teeth (Kathy!) but the other of my friends sometimes go too and then it's even more fun. By the way the horse market stinks so I like to see how good of a horse you "could" get for the money "if" you were buying......at a horse sale that is so that statement alone sort of contradicts itself...Anyway. sweet, skinny, wormy, little "Brownie" has a new home. He's a stud (for now) and he's Averi's! Thanks Mom!

No comments: