Monday, November 10, 2008

Moose Meat

Hi! Sorry I'm a cruddy blogger again. Blame it on my husband. Just kidding! He gets points this week because he just went with me and the kids to see Kathy and her kids. Don't get me wrong, he LOVES Kathy. He does not love "car rides in go karts when your sitting on top of loud kids!" See, I have yet to see my "new car" and am STILL driving the "cat car" so, we borrowed my mom's to take to Iowa. It's little but we only spent $24 on gas! Kathy had dinner ready on Sat. when we got there and that made it all worth it for Bucky. BEEF! Ah, yummy, juicy red meat! I love it!
Now let me explain, Bucky brought home moose from Canada......yeah, moose, that we're supposed to EAT. And that means....cook.....and I don't know how to COOK MOOSE! Nor do I care to ever learn....Anyway, the first couple of times Bucky grilled some and I tried it and I have to say it was not that bad. The very first time I tried it I sorta let myself think it was good. That idea was clouded by the fact that we have the equivalent to three beefs in moose meat and it was free (sort of). Since I've known Bucky I have been conned into trying several random animals that he or his dad OR MOM has shot. I don't like them. In my opinion that SHOULD get you off the hook for EVER being expected to eat them again, but, oh no! It's the exact same conversation every time we eat at Bucky's parents'. "Try it, try it again! You'll like it this time." And guess what? I never stinkin' like "it".
By the way, I'm never rude about it. I just quietly fix my plate and eat and hope that Frank doesn't zero in on what I do or don't have on my plate. Ha! This is funny. If I ever do slide by without him calling me out. The next time we eat there he tells me exactly what I ate last time and that he knew I liked it only because I didn't know what it was. Yeah right! I call that manners, NOT ignorance!
So, that should help you better understand my appreciation for a great big steak! I'm off to the grocery store.........Mandi, I named this blog entry just for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for you! I am super picky about my BEEF and I know that it's beef...not elk, moose, squirrel, mouse, rabbit...the list goes on and on!! You are one brave girly...BEEF, it's what's for dinner!! Go get some! (at Patricia's of course!)