Sunday, October 19, 2008

Feet Stink!

Hi! Fuente has an abscess....a yucky infection in his foot from stepping on something on the trail ride....sharp rock , maybe? Anyway, what that really means is MORE WORK!!!! I have to stall him.....I don't have a stall.....and soak his hoof in warm water and Epsom salt twice a day, clean out the hole in his hoof with a syringe dry it all off and put a boot on it.... Did I mention that his back leg ways more than me? It's quite fun trying to do that by myself! BUT thank God for good friends and uncles that love you! My friend Giela is letting me use one of her stalls....the nice big one for the mammas and babies! Thank you Giela! And thank you Uncle Clark for being at my service at the perfect time! He happened to call me as the vet was checking Fuente out and said he would just come out to my moms in a few minutes. He got there about the time Vance (the vet) was telling me that in order for this abscess to heal properly he would need to be stalled ASAP! Nice! (I don't have a trailer either but if you know anyone that wants to sell one cheap contact Bucky Coleman! I know they don't cost as much as two week trips to Canada! ) So, my super nice uncle Clark hopped in the truck, went to get his trailer and gave us a ride to Giela's. SOOOO nice of him! I know he had better things to do on a Friday night than taxi my (pain in the butt, that I love so much) horse and I all over the county!
Averi had tons of fun at her Aunt Amber's. Amber said she never even got sad at bedtime! (Sniff) My little girl has successfully accomplished her first "slumber party", after several failed attempts at friends and neighbors! When I picked her up from Amber they had been to the mall! The pet store, play land , lunch, Libby Lu and the Cookie Factory to be exact! She came home with a new Hannah Montana dress up dress...hot pink and sparkly, a dance bag and she and Kolby got matching Hannah t-shirts! Thanks Aunt Amber! She's in love! She actually has the dress on now and is sure she is wearing it to my moms Pampered Chef party we are going to later! I really want to have another baby but man, I'm not sure there's room in our house for two princesses! The whole time I was pregnant with Will, Bucky said,"What if it's a girl? " I laughed at him but, seriously? She says boys are too wild and she REALLY wants a baby sister but......not sure she would like her so much once she got here!
On that note CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA AND MATT!!! WELCOME BARRON LEE RASSE,10-17-08 7:08 PM, 8 1/2 LBS, 19 in. SO perfect! Name, hair, skin, love him! THAT'S why I have baby fever! :)

No comments: