Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Hey! I thought I'd catch you up on another couple of busy weeks. Friday, Bucky left for Canada and I left on a "Chick Trail Ride" to Panther Creek. It was really nice and beautiful country! On the way down, we stopped at a neat store and I bought some much needed tack and NEW BOOTS! I love them! We rode through hundreds of Texas Longhorns. It was so neat. We slept in, rode for a while, had some lunch, rode some more, ate more, hung out around the camp fire and laughed all night! Very relaxing and much needed! Bucky got to Kenora (sp.) on Saturday night. That's a day earlier then they were supposed to arrive. They are being flown into the woods on one of those boat/planes and dropped off at the cabin. They will be checked on every other day! And, did I mention there are no land line phones that far out and of course no cell phone towers? I sure hope they are careful! It doesn't sound very safe to me but I'm not a big hunter. Especially not BEAR!
I have to brag on myself a little....I am being quite brave this time! Usually, I chicken out all together and stay at my mom's or something but not this time! I have been staying home and I actually am enjoying it! I'm getting a lot done and having fun being home with the kiddos. Yesterday I was really thinking I would love to be a stay at home mom......until about bedtime. Then I was asking myself why I didn't get these kids out of the house for a while today? They were getting a little stir crazy. We aren't used to being home much before baths and bedtime. No one knew what to think of being home the entire day. My strategy is to come home well before sunset so I don't think about it getting dark and I don't have time to get scared before I fall asleep! Tonight I'm going to dinner with my friends for Becca's birthday. That will be fun, hope they don't mind if I leave before dark! Just Kidding! Averi is at school and I went ahead and took Will to the sitter because it was pouring outside and I didn't want to get him out twice. He seems to do better about staying earlier in the morning anyway. I'm not sure what to do with all this alone time so I think I'm going to mop the floor and get in the shower....ALONE! Have a great day!

No comments: