Wednesday, October 22, 2008

No more single mom!!!

GOOOOOOOOD Morning! I made it one last night being a big girl! We FINALLY got to talk to Bucky yesterday!!!! Yea!!!! He called about 1:30 pm. You're not going to believe this but....I missed it! But he called right back! They were checking out and heading home so we're looking for him around lunch time today! He is going to pick the kids up when he gets here. That works perfectly because it's my late night and he usually picks them up on Wednesdays but we weren't sure he'd be here yet. I'm so glad I have my mom to help out but today, I'm tired, and so thankful I don't have to think about having to arrange other pick-up plans. Averi was so excited after talking to Bucky last night that she COULD NOT go to sleep! We ordered pizza, took baths and watched Flicka. I didn't think she would make it through it.....but.....she did! She made it through Flicka, 90210, that I DVR'd and watched at 9 and the 10 o'clock news and then she got in trouble and I had to make her think I was starring at her and make her keep her eyes closed. I'm such a mean mom, huh? Much to my dismay, she came skipping upstairs before the alarm even went off. First words, "When's my DAAAA-DY gonna be here?" Geez! Not soon enough! Did you get the part about I was already upstairs before the alarm went off? That's because Will was up before six! I would tell you the real time but I couldn't see for the first hour. We DO NOT get up that early! He must be pretty excited to see his daddy too!

I decided to have the house phone turned off because we use our cell phones for everything anyway. Bucky has some issues with how much money we spend "just to talk" . If you know him then you know HE'S not a big fan of talking I, however, AM! So, I want a new cell phone, BAD! and I want to be able to access my email and schedule appointments on it...That means we would have to upgrade our plan. Here's my dilemma, I cut the home At&t bill in half by canceling the phone and keeping the Internet. I'm wondering how bad I need Internet at home if I have it on my (hopefully) phone.....Anyone have any good advice on that? I need a plan to approach him with! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DO NOT Do away with home internet and relace it with phone internet or a wireless internet card. You will be sorry. The speed isn't very good here. I'm talking worse than dial up. Kari

Alysen said...

Please tell me you didn't post your blog at 4:54 THIS MORNING??? I'm no help on your phone situation, I've only changed my phone once since high school so I'm illiterate on that subject! But I do use T-Mobile and I've always been really happy with them so that could be something to look into online?

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica-
If you have AT&T you definately need to get an iphone. Chris has both the old one and new one and loves them both! You can check email, keep up with your schedule and it has instant GPS as well ( i know how good you are at directions :)) You can get a package with several minutes and unlimitied internet use for like $80 month. DONT get rid of your home internet though! Even though the iphone works great with the internet, your home internet is better for searching the net and browsing! Just thought I would share that with ya :)
Julie