Sunday, January 18, 2009

YUMMY!

I have one thing to say, "Ahhhhh!" I LOVE Sundays!! Lots of people don't because they have to go back to work on Monday. Even those people get to enjoy this Sunday with me because most people are off tomorrow. Sundays, for me, usually mean... a happy heart form taking the fam to church, a clean house, full belly, and nothing mandatory that I have to do except maybe bathe some rugrats!
I made dinner for Bucky's parents tonight.....it was possibly the best meal I have ever made in my life! (They liked it too!) It was, are you ready for this? Crab and Parmesan Crusted Grouper!! I know! I can't believe it either! I am NOT a fish fan! I didn't eat it at all until I became a Coleman and my bossy father-in-law insisted that I would LOVE it they way HE fried it! I swear everyone that thinks they can fry fish thinks that! Anyway, I eat it when he cooks it. Needless to say I have never even wanted to try to cook fish in my own home and especially not to try and serve to anyone! However, I will be glad to have a shrimp or crawfish boil anytime and volunteer my house to stink for a month to get to eat that!
SO, the in-laws went to their place in Corpus to go deep sea fishing and it has sort of became a ritual that when they get home (usually with fresh shrimp) they share their "catch" and I cook it! This time it was grouper! What the?!?!? So, I did a little "homework" (haha, has anyone been watching The Bachelor?) and made dinner! Bucky's mom said, "Oh this is excellent! I would order this in a restaurant!" SCORE! I ate it too, and liked it! Don't worry I had ribs in the crock pot because I was sure the kids and I were not going to like it. It was very yummy! It had red, yellow and jalapeno peppers, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and lots more I can't remember at the moment. I made sauteed whole green beans with portabellos and red onion and garlic bread. Are you hungry yet? This is probably the first and last time I will blog about food. I really like to cook but I like to eat even more so...if that means cooking first then so be it! I'm not one of those super moms that thinks ahead with great crock pot recipes. If you are and would like to share I'll cut your hair or something! ;) Just wanted to share my successful meal!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Holy cow girl....you sound like the next Martha Stewart!